Scatablog

The Aeration Zone: A liberal breath of fresh air

Contributors (otherwise known as "The Aerheads"):

Walldon in New Jersey ---- Marketingace in Pennsylvania ---- Simoneyezd in Ontario
ChiTom in Illinois -- KISSweb in Illinois -- HoundDog in Kansas City -- The Binger in Ohio

About us:

e-mail us at: Scatablog@Yahoo.com

Friday, February 24, 2006

Afraid of their own shadow

Earlier today, I posted about the guy who was harassed by agents of the Department of Homeland Security because he had antiwar signs on his truck.

Now, (via Americablog) I read another similar story:

LONDON, Feb. 24 (UPI) -- British rocker Morrissey says agents from the FBI and Britain's Special Branch picked him up for questioning after he labeled President Bush a "terrorist."

"They were trying to determine if I was a threat to the government, and similarly in England," Morrissey told Sky News Friday. "But it didn't take them very long to realize that I'm not."

Morrissey said he was surprised at the interest since he does not subscribe to any political group and doesn't "really say anything unless I'm asked directly and I don't even demonstrate in public."

He said his experience proves freedom of speech is an illusion.

"My view is that neither England or America are democratic societies," he said. "You can't really speak your mind and if you do you're investigated."
I'm sure we all feel alot safer with the FBI and Homeland Security spending their time on these matters.

Oh, and by the way, Bush is a terrorist. There. Let's see if they come after me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home