Scatablog

The Aeration Zone: A liberal breath of fresh air

Contributors (otherwise known as "The Aerheads"):

Walldon in New Jersey ---- Marketingace in Pennsylvania ---- Simoneyezd in Ontario
ChiTom in Illinois -- KISSweb in Illinois -- HoundDog in Kansas City -- The Binger in Ohio

About us:

e-mail us at: Scatablog@Yahoo.com

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

An inconvenient truth

I know, I'm a little late. It opened last weekend in NYC, and I didn't get to it till today -- Wednesday. But today, I did take my wife, daughter and son-in-law to Al Gore's Inconvenient Truth in the Big Apple (after a morning at the Guggenheim, a walk through parts of Central Park, a lunch at a Greek restaurant, and a quick visit to the masoleum Time-Warner built for itself at Columbus Circle).

It was worth the time and effort, even though the commute home took 1:45, most of which was sitting still on West End Avenue between 46th and 42nd streets. That four blocks took over an hour!

Get green guys, the planet is being destroyed. We've all known that for years, but this film really spells it out and plants it in the front of your conscious mind. Time is running out.

And, by the way, despite his protests to the contrary, I think a draft of Al Gore for the 2008 run is definitely something we should consider.

Bye, bye. Probably I will get back to regular posting tomorrow. It's been great to have all my kids and grandkids home for a visit, but tomorrow the last of them leaves to return to parts far away, and the old household will be more or less empty once again. By the time I've done a little picking up, I'll be back to regular posting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home