Scatablog

The Aeration Zone: A liberal breath of fresh air

Contributors (otherwise known as "The Aerheads"):

Walldon in New Jersey ---- Marketingace in Pennsylvania ---- Simoneyezd in Ontario
ChiTom in Illinois -- KISSweb in Illinois -- HoundDog in Kansas City -- The Binger in Ohio

About us:

e-mail us at: Scatablog@Yahoo.com

Friday, September 29, 2006

America is now a fascist state

I think I have to agree with Tristero:
But it is imperative that we fully recognize how seriously godawful the situation is.

I'll say it again: Americans are living in a fascist state. Don't like the word "fascism?" Neither do I. So what? It's ludicrous to call the gutting of habeas corpus, etc, etc, by near unanimous consent merely "authoritarian."* We are living in a fascist state.

Some commenters in the post below said I am being too discouraging. Hardly. This country's government has been transformed and is no longer recognizable as a working democracy. That's simply a fact and we better accept it.

Because when you're dealing with fascism, "We can beat this, people if we just fight harder!" is naive win-one-for-the-Gipper fantasy-land. It's gonna get a lot worse than it is now before it gets better. We're gonna be lucky if more of us don't end up "persons of interest" to the Bush administration. Remember, if you're not with Bush, you're objectively pro-terrorist...
I've said it before, and I'll say it again. If these guys are unlucky enough to lose an election (which is unlikely, given the way they've got the system rigged), they're not going to give up power. It's as simple as that. Frankly, I doubt Bush will step down in 2009. I'm not sure about that because he may just be sick and tired of the job. After all, he's a lazy slob. But, I don't think absolute monarchs give away power willingly.

What that means, I don't know, because there is probably no way a violent revolution could succeed. Maybe something like the "people power" revolution in the Phillipines that toppled Marcos would work, but somehow, I doubt it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home