Scatablog

The Aeration Zone: A liberal breath of fresh air

Contributors (otherwise known as "The Aerheads"):

Walldon in New Jersey ---- Marketingace in Pennsylvania ---- Simoneyezd in Ontario
ChiTom in Illinois -- KISSweb in Illinois -- HoundDog in Kansas City -- The Binger in Ohio

About us:

e-mail us at: Scatablog@Yahoo.com

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Those San Francisco values (and we all know what that means, heh heh)

I’m deep in the heart of North America, North Coast only, and I get as sick of cracks from the two Left Coasts about "flyover-country" as any Red-blooded heartland American. But this is good. I remember wondering about 10 years ago if civilization was in serious decline as visionary managers even “out here” started discarding their coats and ties. One of my colleagues wisely reminded me that most of the best stuff in the information revolution was coming from the eastern shore of the Bay, where casual Friday had long ago been displaced by casual every day.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

While it pains me as a longtime East Bay chauvinist (Berkeley) to point this out, Silicon Valley is in the West Bay. As is the incubator of much of modern electronic technology, Stan... Stan... augh! Can't say it.

2:11 AM  
Blogger KISSWeb said...

My God, do I ever stand corrected! I knew that -- an obvious brain cramp. I think I meant the eastern shore of the peninsula.

11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home