Scatablog

The Aeration Zone: A liberal breath of fresh air

Contributors (otherwise known as "The Aerheads"):

Walldon in New Jersey ---- Marketingace in Pennsylvania ---- Simoneyezd in Ontario
ChiTom in Illinois -- KISSweb in Illinois -- HoundDog in Kansas City -- The Binger in Ohio

About us:

e-mail us at: Scatablog@Yahoo.com

Wednesday, December 08, 2010

Assange

I see that one of my idols, Noam Chomsky, has come out in praise of Assange. Frankly, I'm on the fence on this one. First, he's been arrested on rape charges. Now, I don't know whether Swedish rape laws are too liberal (they may well be from what little I do know). Nor do I know whether these two girls are plants of the CIA (as some suggest). But, if the man is truly guilty of rape, then he certainly should be severely punished, quite apart from his activities at Wikileaks.

As to Wikileaks, I'm no fan of releasing state secrets that truly endanger the lives of loyal Americans and loyal friends of America. However, these secrets were out there for the getting. Had Wikileaks not gotten them, who knows whether the Russians, the Chinese, or even al Qaeda might have gotten them. Frankly, I'd rather they be out in the public domain, published by Wikileaks, than be secretly known only by our enemies. So, while I don't necessarily applaud Wikileaks, I'm not altogether against them either.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home