Scatablog

The Aeration Zone: A liberal breath of fresh air

Contributors (otherwise known as "The Aerheads"):

Walldon in New Jersey ---- Marketingace in Pennsylvania ---- Simoneyezd in Ontario
ChiTom in Illinois -- KISSweb in Illinois -- HoundDog in Kansas City -- The Binger in Ohio

About us:

e-mail us at: Scatablog@Yahoo.com

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Bombing al-Jazeera

It doesn't seem to be getting much attention (even al-Jazeera's website fails to mention it), but I think Ron Suskind's charge in his new book, the One Percent Doctrine, that the U.S. deliberately bombed al Jazeera's offices in Kabul to "send a message" is incredibly disturbing. Even though no one was injured in the raid, the US almost certainly could not have known that the offices would be vacant, and you would have to assume that at least a few people would be present. Hence, the raid amounts to nothing less than an attempt at cold-blooded murder of innocent civilians whose only crime was to report the news that Bush didn't like.

(As I re-read this post to check for typos, I noted my characterization "incredibly disturbing," and thought, gee, I could say that about almost everything Bush has done in the past five years. Unfortunately, I find my capacity to be distrubed is being worn down by sheer exhaustion.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home