Scatablog

The Aeration Zone: A liberal breath of fresh air

Contributors (otherwise known as "The Aerheads"):

Walldon in New Jersey ---- Marketingace in Pennsylvania ---- Simoneyezd in Ontario
ChiTom in Illinois -- KISSweb in Illinois -- HoundDog in Kansas City -- The Binger in Ohio

About us:

e-mail us at: Scatablog@Yahoo.com

Sunday, July 29, 2007

Habituation

Kevin Drum feels exactly as I do:

... my liberal blogger license would probably be suspended if I didn't link to this story in the Washington Post today:

A surgeon general's report in 2006 that called on Americans to help tackle global health problems has been kept from the public by a Bush political appointee without any background or expertise in medicine or public health, chiefly because the report did not promote the administration's policy accomplishments, according to current and former public health officials.

The sad thing is that this kind of story doesn't even outrage me anymore. It just seems like baseline performance from the Bush administration. And there's still 541 days to go.....


The only difference is that he got around to posting about it before I did. In fact, it was this post that forced me off my duff. What do they call this? Habituation? It's getting so bad, Bush could order the Army to arrest all Democrats in Congress and we'd all go "ho hum."

2 Comments:

Blogger ChiTom said...

I agree-- I read the article this morning, and there were almost had no words to express my disdain and disgust. Nothing much new there, I reckon, but the sheer pettiness of it makes it somehow almost as bad as their trumped-up war.

These people should all just be made to go away. Impeachment seems almost to lend them too much dignity.

11:32 PM  
Blogger KISSWeb said...

It's interesting to read the story in light of current critiques of mainstream media. There is some he-said, she-said quality to it, as there has to be, but it goes into it in enough depth from enough different people to be able to draw conclusions on who is closer to the truth -- apart from assumptions that are almost always correct.

12:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home