Scatablog

The Aeration Zone: A liberal breath of fresh air

Contributors (otherwise known as "The Aerheads"):

Walldon in New Jersey ---- Marketingace in Pennsylvania ---- Simoneyezd in Ontario
ChiTom in Illinois -- KISSweb in Illinois -- HoundDog in Kansas City -- The Binger in Ohio

About us:

e-mail us at: Scatablog@Yahoo.com

Monday, April 21, 2008

Out on a limb with a prediction

I'm going to make a prediction about tomorrow's primary in PA. You have to remember that my predictions are almost always wrong, so I'm hoping by making this prediction it, too, will turn out to be wrong. Nevertheless, here is my prediction: Hillary by 16 points.

Why? My apologies in advance to my many friends (well, I don't have "many" friends, so to my few friends) in Pennsylvania, but Pennsylvania has a higher percentage of gun toting, redneck types than even most states in the deep south. So, I think there's going to be something like New Hampshire in PA. A lot of people who say they are undecided in the polls are going to come out of the woodwork to vote against a "liberal" black man. Meanwhile, Hillary has gone sufficiently to the right to sound like a Bush clone, at least when she's talking about Obama. So I think she'll capture that vote. Furthermore, Obama needs a big turnout in the Philly area. But, every time he's needed a big turnout in the cities, he's failed to get it (the exception of Illinois proves the rule). Remember New Jersey? He needed Newark in big numbers, and Newark stayed home. In California, he needed LA in big numbers, and LA stayed home. So, I doubt he will get the big numbers in Philly either. I have a feeling the inner city crowd are so disenchanted with politics that they've just tuned out and turned off.

We only have one more day to wait.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good call as the lunch bucket segment went for Hillary. She took the Leigh Valley 60 to 40, an area you have to win to win PA. Obama needs to get down and connect with this group.

1:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Furthermore, the up to 24 hour undecideds in PA went for Hillary 60-40 and 13% of PA voters said race affected thier vote.

1:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home