Scatablog

The Aeration Zone: A liberal breath of fresh air

Contributors (otherwise known as "The Aerheads"):

Walldon in New Jersey ---- Marketingace in Pennsylvania ---- Simoneyezd in Ontario
ChiTom in Illinois -- KISSweb in Illinois -- HoundDog in Kansas City -- The Binger in Ohio

About us:

e-mail us at: Scatablog@Yahoo.com

Saturday, December 10, 2005

Eugene McCarthy, RIP

Eugene McCarthy passed away today at age 89. I remember vividly when he challenged LBJ for the presidency in 1968. I guess you could even say I was one of the "clean-for-Gene" kids, though I was a bit older than most. I attended one of his rallies in the Washington, D.C. area.

I guess it is partly because of those days and the Vietnam war that I am so strongly against this war. Been there, done that.

As McCarthy said about Vietnam, "as it went on, you could tell the people running it didn't know what was going on." You could certainly say the same thing today about Iraq.

May he rest in peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home