Scatablog

The Aeration Zone: A liberal breath of fresh air

Contributors (otherwise known as "The Aerheads"):

Walldon in New Jersey ---- Marketingace in Pennsylvania ---- Simoneyezd in Ontario
ChiTom in Illinois -- KISSweb in Illinois -- HoundDog in Kansas City -- The Binger in Ohio

About us:

e-mail us at: Scatablog@Yahoo.com

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Can I have my money back, please?

The outrageous, anti-American behavior of Occupant: The White House and his hench-lawyers just doesn't stop. According to an AP story fronted by Raw Story,

White House officials have the right to exclude dissenters from appearances by President Bush, according to lawyers for volunteers who helped eject three people from a hall where Bush was about to speak.

Defense attorneys made the argument last week in a civil suit filed against Michael Casper and Jay Bob Klinkerman. The suit was filed by Leslie Weise and Alex Young of Denver, who were told to leave just before Bush was to talk about his plans for Social Security at the March 21, 2005, taxpayer-funded event in Denver.

Weise and Young argue they were ejected for their political views. They had arrived in a car bearing a "No blood for oil" bumper sticker. They were also wearing T-shirts saying "Stop the lies" under their clothes but did not show them.

Ejected from a hall before a "taxpayer-funded" speech merely because they dissented? Holy Robert Mugabe!

I know I said the other day that I wouldn't be able to file my taxes, because I had just lost my data, and did not recollect if I made any money last year. But, well, the data did turn up-- funny how legal mandates sometimes work-- and I did file . . . on-time, even. (Just in case the IRS is listening.) But now I think I would like back my share of the money that paid for the President's appearance (transportation, security, that portion of his salary, etc.) at what was handled as a private, partisan event where the normal constitutional rules of free speech and freedom of assembly seem not to have applied.

Of course, "normal constitutional rules" don't apply very often to Occupant or The Regime, now, do they? Silly me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home